CYSL Recreational Soccer 4v4 Rules
During these matches, all FIFA soccer Laws apply with the following exceptions:
· GAME DURATION: Games will consist of two 22-minute running halves. There will be a 3 minute half time for each match. If the game is tied at the end of second half, the game will be decided by penalty kicks.
· FIELD: The field of play will consists of 3 field players and 1 goalie. 4v4 Field dimensions are 25 x 35 yards.
· GOALS: The Goals are 5 Feet Tall and 10 Feet Wide.
· GOALKEEPER ARC: A 5-yard arc will replace the standard Goal Box. The only player allowed to take up a position within the Arc is the defending Goal Keeper. Goal Keepers are permitted to use their hands within the Arc, however they may not pick the ball up if it is intentionally played to them by a teammate.
· In the event that a defending player touches the ball inside the Arc the attacking team is awarded a penalty kick (see “Penalty Kick”).
· In the event that an attacking player touches the ball inside the Arc a Goal Kick is awarded to the defending team.
· The Ball is considered to be inside the arc if any part of the Ball is touching or is in the space above any part of the line.
· BALL: U12 Divisions will use a size 4 ball. U13 & older will use a size 5. Game ball will be provided by home team.
· Players Equipment/Uniform:
· The league issued and numbered Jersey must be worn by all players at all times during the match.
· Any short and sock combination may be worn by the players and teammates do not need to wear matching short and sock combinations.
· Shin-Guards must be worn by all players and must be completely covered by the sock.
· Soccer cleats are preferred, however flat soled shoes are acceptable. No toe cleat or metal will be allowed.
· ROSTERS: Minimum 5; Maximum 7. Players may only play on ONE TEAM in the entire league. Players will be assigned by CYSL Board; however players are encouraged to request their team and/or coach.
· FIVE YARD RULE: In all dead ball situations, defending players must stand at least five yards away from the ball. If the defensive player’s goal area is closer than five yards, the ball shall be placed five yards from the goal area in line with the place of the penalty.
· KICK OFF: May be taken in any direction and is indirect.
· NO OFFSIDE
· NO THROW-INS: The ball shall be kicked into play from the sideline instead of throw in and is Indirect.
· SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions can be made by any team on any “throw in,” goal kick, corner kick, kick-off or stoppage of play by the referee. Players may not enter the field until the referee has signaled to the player to enter.
o Direct Kicks: A direct kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any offence in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force. A direct kick is taken from where the offence occurred. The ball must be stationary when the kick is taken and the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.
o Penalty Kicks: Shall be awarded if, in the referee’s opinion, a scoring opportunity was prevented by an infraction. The penalty kick is a direct kick taken from 2 yards outside of the arc with all other players behind the Ball and more than 5 yards.
o Indirect Kicks: An indirect kick is awarded for dangerous play, goal kicks, kick-ins & kickoff. A goal cannot be scored from an indirect kick the ball must touch another player before it enters the goal.
· Yellow and Red Cards:
o In accordance with FIFA Laws, yellow and red cards may be issued to players and coaches as the discretion of the referee. Teams receiving multiple Yellow and Red Cards may be forced to forfit matches or suspended by CYSL Board and Directors.
§ Yellow Card- The player must be subbed off.
§ Red Card- The play may be subbed for but may not return to play for that game.
**Any and all rules are subject to the interpretation of the Referee and CYSL Board Member’s decisions are FINAL**